Children with complex conditions that affect the stomach, pancreas, liver, colon or rectum do better with a team of pediatric surgeons and specialists who partner in care.
The Nemours Children’s Digestive Disorders and Gastrointestinal Surgery Center brings together pediatric colorectal surgeons, gastroenterologists and urologists with expertise in the full range of conditions. We offer:
- Highly specialized, team-based care for nearly every disorder from birth to teens
- Shared expertise from surgeons and specialists who work together every day
- Innovative surgical methods and procedures that may be easier on your child
- Care coordinated and managed by nurses who are with you at every step
- Support from psychologists, dieticians, rehab therapists, social workers and more
- Care informed by active research and expertise shared as teachers and speakers
Robotic-Assisted Surgery for an Easier Recovery
Nemours surgeons perform many procedures, even the most delicate, with minimally invasive, robotic-assisted approaches. This can mean fewer, smaller cuts and less pain. Your child may have a faster recovery and can get back to being a kid, sooner.