Nemours pediatric dermatology specialists diagnose and treat a wide variety of conditions affecting the skin, hair and nails. We know that kids’ concerns and conditions can be much different than adults’. So we offer care geared just toward children and teens, with specialists trained and experienced in pediatric dermatology.
Dermatology (Skin Care)
Kids’ Skin Experts
Conditions We Treat
We see a full spectrum of conditions — far too many to list here. The conditions we treat vary depending upon the location and providers selected. Don’t see a condition listed? Call us.
- acne (when pores get stopped up with oil, dead skin and bacteria, causing pimples)
- birthmarks (discolored or raised areas of skin noted shortly after birth, including hemangiomas and port wine stains)
- contact dermatitis (a rash caused by direct skin contact with an irritating substance)
- eczema/atopic dermatitis (chronic dry skin and an itchy scaly rash)
- genetic disorders (like neurofibromatosis, which causes tumors to grow beneath the skin)
- hair loss
- hives (red, itchy, raised bumps that can occur as an allergic reaction to foods, medications or infections)
- moles (also called nevi, tiny collections of pigment cells — cells that contain color)
- nail disorders (related to infection or other disorders)
- psoriasis (a chronic disease that causes parts of the skin to become scaly and inflamed)
- skin infections
- warts (small, fleshy bumps caused by a virus)
- vitiligo (smooth white spots or patches on the skin)
Why Choose Us
At Nemours, we’re committed to not only caring for conditions, but also educating kids and their families about their diagnoses, available treatment options and their long-term skin health. We teach children about sun safety too — because research shows that good sun protection habits established during childhood can help prevent skin cancers later in life.
Regional Pediatric Dermatology Highlights
Services, programs and care teams differ at each location. Call for details.
We offer comprehensive pediatric dermatology care at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children (Wilmington, Del.) and select Nemours duPont Pediatrics satellite locations.
- full dermatology evaluations in inpatient (hospital stays), outpatient (appointments) and emergency department settings at duPont Hospital for Children
- the latest in diagnostic testing and treatments, including cultures and lab tests, biopsies (the removal of a small piece of skin or nail so it can be analyzed in a lab), cryotherapy (used to freeze skin lesions) and pulsed dye laser treatment (to treat spots involving blood vessels and other specific conditions of the skin)
- access to other Nemours physicians, if needed, in more than 30 specialties