At Nemours, our team of experts understand how pediatric sports medicine injuries can impact your child — and how each child's individual growth should be taken into consideration with their personalized rehabilitation program. So we do whatever it takes to diagnose and rehabilitate sports medicine injuries in children and get them back in the game — safely.
Pediatric Sports Medicine Injuries We Treat
At Nemours' locations offering Sports Medicine, we treat:
- knee: patellar instability, anterior knee pain, anterior cruciate ligament and meniscus tears, cartilage damage
- ankle: ligament tears, instability, cartilage damage
- shoulder: dislocations, impingement and tendonitis
- elbow: Little Leaguer’s elbow, tennis elbow, loose bodies
- spine: spondylolisthesis (when one spine bone slips in relation to the one below it), muscle strains/sprains
- hip: dance, ice hockey and ice skating injuries
- head: concussions
Preventing Pediatric Sports Medicine Injuries
We also focus on preventing an injury before it happens:
- customized conditioning ("prehabilitation") regimens that concentrate on core strengths to prevent overuse injuries and develop good body mechanics
- pre-season screenings
- intervention counseling: when and how to rest, how to play
Hours: Hours vary; call to schedule an appointment.
For Appointments: (800) 416-4441
- photo ID
- medical and pharmacy insurance cards
- preferred pharmacy name and phone number
- names and dosage of all medications, including over-the-counter medication, your child is currently taking
- guardianship and custody papers, if a legal guardian rather than a parent accompanies your child
- Patient Registration (PDF)
- Patient Presents Without Legal Guardian (PDF)
English | Spanish
Note: A parent or legal guardian must be with a child for a first visit.
Resources for Patients & Families
Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Deptford is conveniently located on Almonesson Road near the Deptford Mall. Our state-of-the-art facility offers a full range of clinical and therapy services, in addition to an ambulatory (outpatient) surgery center and onsite imaging.
At Nemours, we recognize the importance of the family in the care and healing process. We understand that no one knows your child better than you do — and that you’re one of the most important members of your child’s care team. That’s why we make every effort to include you in the process and to create a close relationship built on mutual respect, collaboration and education.
To ensure everyone is on the same page (including your primary care provider or pediatrician) your entire medical care team has access to our award-winning electronic health record system that keeps track of every visit, every test result and every procedure at Nemours.
And you can access select parts of your child’s health record through MyNemours, our secure portal that allows you to interact with your care providers and request prescription refills online, anytime.