Our internationally recognized Nemours Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders (or “NCCBD”) offers children hematology care for sickle cell disease with a focus on improving outcomes and providing state-of-the-art therapies. To help give kids the best possible care, we also offer:
- blood and bone marrow transplant programs accredited by the Foundation for Accreditation of Cellular Therapies (FACT)
- customized treatment plans based on research and commonly accepted best care practices in pediatrics
- world-class facilities featuring the most advanced diagnostic techniques and equipment in a family-friendly setting
- school outreach and advocacy including help with community resources
- CyberCell: A Sickle Cell Virtual Reality Experience. Our team in Delaware Valley is working on an experience for patients that helps them travel inside of your own body. This allows patients and families to see how sickle cell affects your body and how our team is taking efforts to improve your patient experience. Learn More
Our sickle cell program is committed to changing the lives of patients through the use of research, education, and creating access opportunities for all. The program has been awarded a five-year grant extension to deliver on those commitments by The Center for Biomedical Research Excellence (COBRE) of the National Institute of Health. This extension allows our Delaware Comprehensive Sickle Cell Research Program at Nemours Children’s Hospital, Delaware to continue the incredible research work we've been doing through this grant over the previous 5 years.