Answers, Guidance and Hope for Expectant Parents
Learning that your baby may have a problem is scary. Today, many congenital conditions can be diagnosed during pregnancy and treatment can often begin as soon as your baby is born. But early detection and treatment are key. Our job at Nemours Partners for Perinatal Management (NPPM) is to help parents-to-be plan ahead and prepare — to get an early fetal diagnosis of possible birth defects, and determine next steps for the best treatment and care.
While you wait for your baby's birth, we:
- Coordinate advanced perinatal testing using technologies that reveal more detailed information than traditional fetal ultrasounds.
- Schedule consultations with our appropriate specialists, who can care for virtually any condition after delivery, and talk you through your treatment options long before the big day.
- Assemble an expert, personalized care team that includes physicians you already have and our own highly skilled and experienced Nemours specialists.
- Help you prepare for and cope with congenital conditions and understand what to expect at every step.
- Give you a little hope and peace of mind in knowing there are experts standing by who are familiar with your baby's unique needs — and ready to step in to help as soon as your baby is born.