Collaborating for Kids
Children and teens often have different medical needs than adults do. That’s why Nemours Children’s Health System collaborates with West Florida Healthcare to offer specialized pediatric expertise to children and families in Pensacola.
West Florida Healthcare is one of the HCA North Florida hospitals, an HCA affiliate. Combining West Florida Healthcare’s own highly trained staff with our advanced pediatric care demonstrates our shared belief that kids do better when we work together.
What Nemours Offers at This Location
Nemours pediatric specialists are available around-the-clock at West Florida Healthcare to offer:
- Emergency Department (ED) care — Our physicians provide consultations for children and teens in the West Florida Healthcare Emergency Department. That means staff physicians can ask our pediatric specialists for their expertise in order to give children the best possible care from doctors who treat kids every day.
- Pediatric unit care — Nemours physicians are experts in treating infants, children and adolescents, and they deliver specialty care in the hospital’s pediatric unit.
- Newborn care — Nemours pediatric specialists provide newborn consultations in the hospital's newborn nursery.
Nemours care teams also offer outpatient specialty care and surgical services in:
- Radiology (X-ray & Ultrasound)
Nemours and West Florida Healthcare are currently working together to find ways to best offer pediatric general surgery in Pensacola. Other services include:
- facilitating the transfer of extremely ill children to Nemours Children's Hospital in Orlando (e.g., to Nemours Cardiac Center)
- coordinating care, when needed, with additional specialists at Nemours Children’s Specialty Care locations in Pensacola, Bonifay and Ft. Walton Beach.
- offering a telehealth connection to allow caregivers at West Florida Healthcare to use Nemours CareConnect technology for online video consultations with Nemours physicians