Microcephalic osteodysplastic primordial dwarfism type II (MOPDII) is a disorder where growth delay happens at the earliest stages of a baby’s development in the womb. Unlike many other types of dwarfism, children with primordial dwarfism are born much smaller than average. Nemours is world renowned for diagnosing and treating skeletal dysplasias, including primordial dwarfism. We’re here to answer your questions, ease your concerns, and build a personalized care plan to help your child live life to the fullest.
Microcephalic Osteodysplastic Primordial Dwarfism Type II
Internationally Recognized Treatment for MOPDII
Services We Offer for MOPDII
Nemours offers a full range of care for newborns, kids, teens, and young adults with primordial dwarfism. Services vary by specialist and location, but may include:
- advanced medical imaging to monitor changes in the bones, joints and organs
- fetal diagnostic testing in our perinatology and fetal medicine centers to help us diagnose and make a treatment plan for when your baby’s born
- genetic testing to assist with diagnosis and family planning
- neonatal care for coordinated, critical care immediately after birth
- orthopedic care from one of the largest and most widely respected pediatric programs in the world
- physical medicine and rehabilitation offer physical, occupational and speech therapy
- cardiology expertise that includes surgical correction as well as preventative care
- endocrinology for management of insulin resistance and diabetes
- nephrology expertise to monitor hypertension and renal artery stenosis
Why Choose Us for MOPDII Diagnosis and Care
Nemours Children’s Health System has been recognized for delivering advanced pediatric orthopedic care since 1940. Families from all over the world travel to see our skeletal dysplasia experts. Our care providers have the experience and training to diagnose even the rarest types of skeletal dysplasia, like microcephalic osteodysplastic primordial dwarfism type II (MOPDII). Once we’ve identified your child’s condition, our care teams work together to create a personalized treatment plan that meets your family’s needs.
Since many kids who travel to Nemours need to see different specialists, our care navigators coordinate appointments to make our expertise as convenient as possible for families. We also help kids with MOPDII achieve the highest possible function and quality of life through access to Nemours experts, clinical programs and support services.
Regional Primordial Dwarfism Highlights
Services, programs, facilities and care teams differ at each location. Call for details.
We offer complete care for children with primordial dwarfism at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children (Wilmington, Del.) and select Nemours duPont Pediatrics locations.
duPont Hospital for Children is ranked among the best children’s hospitals in the nation for pediatric orthopedics and surgery by U.S. News and World Report .
We offer complete care for children with primordial dwarfism at Nemours Children’s Specialty Care, Jacksonville and our hospital affiliates, Wolfson Children’s Hospital and Mayo Clinic in Florida, with outpatient and follow-up appointments available at select Nemours locations.
Nemours orthopedic specialists provide the care and orthopedic surgery and hold dual physician leadership roles at Wolfson Children’s Hospital’s orthopedics team, ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of the 50 best children’s hospitals in the nation for orthopedics.