Offered by: Nemours
Locations: Pensacola, Fla.
DINAMO-DIabetes study of liNAgliptin and eMpagliflozin in children and adOlescents
What is the trial about?
This study is for research purposes only and will help to gain information for providing better or new treatments for people in the future. This is different from regular medical care, where the purpose is to help each individual person.
Who can participate?
Adolescents aged 10-17 years old with Type 2 diabetes that meet all entry criteria and are able to swallow pills. You must also agree to blood draws, to participate.
What is involved?
During this study you will be asked to:
- Fast for at least 8 hours before visits 2,5 and 8
- Continue to take your Metformin and/or insulin to treat your type 2 diabetes
- Continue to follow your diet and exercise plan
- Test at home for blood ketones and blood sugar levels
- You will be asked to complete a diary and bring it to all study visits to be reviewed by the staff.
This study is a 58 week study with 11 study visits.
Contact Nemours Clinical Trials
Trial Name: DINAMO-DIabetes study of liNAgliptin and eMpagliflozin in children and adOlescents